Πέμπτη 8 Σεπτεμβρίου 2011

Localhost redirects to online wordpress site and vice versa

After having installed a wordpress blog locally, I uploaded it online and came up with a redirection problem.

When accessing the wp-admin locally, the address was redirecting me to the online site, without being able to login to the administration panel. Same happened vice versa.

I cleared cookies, cache, everything, but the problem still remained. I searched for the "site's url" (for example mysite.com) in my website folder, but no results.

Solution
So I checked the database and found the entry 'siteurl' in the wp_options table. I changed the value and everything worked great! This change is done through Phpmyadmin directly in the database.

For those who have only ftp and no database access, there is another way to solve the problem. Just put this line of code define('WP_SITEURL','http://www.mysite.com/blog')  in the wp-config.php file.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου